This week, we welcome Toronto Clothing Repairathon! Bring your favourite clothing items in need of a little TLC to Baird Park. Their talented volunteers will get to work at bringing new life to your wardrobe favs! You’ll be helping Toronto Clothing Repairathon achieve their goals of:
- To promote and enable maintenance and repair; in general, and of clothing in particular.
- To encourage the teaching and learning of repair skills
- To reduce waste and keep clothing out of the garbage
- To encourage people to value their clothing
- To increase the social acceptance of wearing repaired clothing
- To build community